Wednesday 6 December 2017

CHRISTMAS IN THE FORMAL LIVING ROOM


Whilst cleaning this whole room from top to bottom I had the tree moved in the center of the french doors and thought wow that looks so nice so I snapped a few photos. It couldn't stay there because we use the veranda doors all the time and it would be in the way! Bummer at least I have pictures LOL!



I would have loved to have had this room finished by now, however with all the outside rennos going on and trying to finish outside before Christmas this room has taken a back seat. The stairs are half way done and I finally bought the marble subway tiles for the fireplace so we are getting closer to the finish line.......slowly!  Also we are board and battening the room that's why I haven't painted...... just in case your wondering why the room is still not painted hehehe lots of dreams & not enough time :)


This years colour scheme is red, white and silver for this room! 


I love that I can finally hang my stockings on the mantle 😻 

The tree is back in the corner and this is where it's staying! I love at night when the blinds are open all the lights reflect off the glass, it looks so pretty. 


I have used this beautiful garland I purchased from Christmas warehouse on the stairs. It looks so full and has beautiful snow glitter covered pine cones on it, I have 2 tied together finished off with silver ribbion.




I always get so many complements and questions on my tree. Its a Balsam hill tree BH Fraser Fir, The tree I purchased has built in lights so it's super easy to put up! It takes a little bit of time fluffing the branches but balsam hill include gloves to save your fingers!! 


I made the deer silhouette cushions this year, last year I made the heart Santa cushions, I found similar ones from Pottery barn US but Australia didn't have them.... I loved them so much I made them myself :) 


Decorations this year are 
Skis, glass baubles & clay knitted boots are Bouclair available from spotlight
snowflakes and silver glitter spikes are from Myer
white bauble garland I made... Balls were from BigW
Candy canes, red and white glitter balls from coles
Star is from BigW


This fur baby is always photo bombing!!


I have randomly added my family's favourite items too our shelves


Instead of buying stocking holders/ hangers I used clear Command hooks, I couldn't really find any I liked and/or 5 that were the same. TK Maxx had nice onces but at $15 ea and I didn't really want to spend &$75 on stocking hangers!! So a 6 pack of command hooks cost $5 and they'll come off without wreaking the paint (hopefully). Win Win :)




How gorgeous is this garland from TK Maxx!! The first time I saw it I wanted it.... I didn't end up getting it and then buyers remorse set in LOL..... a week later I went back to buy it haha 
Dam buyers remorse gets me every time!!


A view from the veranda



With everything so festive I've kept the coffee table simple and just added a Christmas candle and some pine cones I collected a few years ago.


Night shots are the best!! I love everything about this time of the year!! All the magic and anticipation Christmas brings, parties and hanging out with family and friends!!
Also school holidays which means no homework haha! 


Sharing our dining room tomorrow stay tuned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...