Thursday 10 March 2016

Organizing the kitchen cabinets




Today I spent a little bit of the afternoon re organizing the kitchen cabinets, I've been trying to squeeze this job in for a while and I am still not finished (waiting on my new plates and bowls to come) but I thought I'd post the progress!



I'm fairly new to all this decorating and organizing business! In my old kitchen I didn't have any cabinets to display anything and when designing this kitchen I knew I wanted display cabinets. I love the idea of displaying all of your nice plates/cups etc and simply by changing what is inside you can create a different look for your kitchen.



Here is a pic of our last kitchen
This was in our first house, we brought it second hand for $800 (bargain right!!) and did a new bench top.


These are before pictures....... I had my good dinner set in here with a few other things, I didn't even have anything on the top shelf. In the other cabinet I stored my wine glasses and other glasses.


I haven't really touched these cabinets since we moved in last year it was all just put there in a frantic rush and i'm fairly certain that I didn't even wipe the shelves down it was on my to do list and it never happened! Woops!


Ok so here it is... It really didn't take long at all I just moved things around added my new cups and jars.
And let me tell you something..... when I was picking colours for cabinets everyone said "Don't get white it shows up all the dirt and you'll be forever cleaning" I can gladly say white hides more then you would think! From a distance my cupboards look quite clean & boy was I wrong....Who knew how much you could hide on a white door LOL (they are CLEAN now)


This is the left side.


In this cabinet I have cute little mason jars I brought from Kmart, some waffle cone shape ice cream bowls, half of my dinner set and some wine and brandy glasses. ( I'm still waiting on my new plates to arrive which are similar colour to my aquaish/teal coloured cups which will add some more colour)


Jars from Kmart! I love these jars.....so cute and only $1 each



My little pig also lives in this cabinet. I have had this little piggy for ever! He was in my last kitchen too!


This is the right side.


More glasses, dinner seat and cups



I love my new cups (below) they are Kitch & co (made in Australia) I found them at spotlight BTW wollongong spotlight is sold out of this colour...... I brought them all LOL!


Such a simple thing to do and makes such a big difference to the kitchen



Only thing left to do is install lights inside (lucky hubby is an electrician)



Hope you enjoyed! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...