Tuesday 14 June 2016

Long weekend



What else to do on the long weekend than start renovations in the backyard !!
The sun was shining and considering it was the start of ski season in Australia it was very warm during the day :) No one here is complaining!
I can't even describe my thoughts when I look at the back of my house..... lets just say what were people thinking in the 60's/70's! I can't wait till the brown tiles go and the heritage green and all the other greens that are consuming my exterior go ;)






Our plan for the back is a new roof at the same roof line as the back of our house and a deck a little higher then the current brown tile floor. We are going to change the windows on the side to a double set of french doors so you can step out on to the deck.
Matt my hubby is always on gumtree and found really nice windows with plantation shutters...only a few years old in excellent condition for a great price which we will be putting in our back room living room so stay tuned for that :)



DEMO BEGINS!


Roof sheets are down... 


So much light pours into our living room and kitchen I love it! however we have no curtains and it feels like we are in a fish bowl!


All Down and looks so different... After living here for nearly 20 years its a little sad to see it change but also very exciting to see what I have drawn up come to life.


View from the inside out...What am I going to do with that white fence???


Even the dog looks exhausted!




I found these 2 little munchkins sharing their Ben and Jerry Ice cream with the cat.... didn't know that cats liked ice cream but apparently they do and cheese too!


That's a wrap for 1 day! new footing in ready for posts to go in :)


Excuse the bad night shot!! When the sun went down we enjoyed a  well deserved beverage and burnt all the scrap wood in a fire :)


We even had a our little possum friend who likes to eat our oranges come and see what was happening... we normally hear him running laps on out old roof.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend !!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...