Thursday 13 October 2016

Living room progress.............and spring styling!


Hi Friends! and thanks for stopping by today!
Sharing our nearly finished living room today.... its been a loooooooong stressful and time consuming renovation which is almost finished on the inside but unfortunately lots still needs to be done out side.






Im so happy with how our living room has turned out!  Since my kids have taken over our other living room I've claimed this room for myself LOL. We brought windows, shutters and french doors 2nd hand for a steal! and have done most of the renovations by ourselves, with 3 kids keeping us very busy with activities and sports it feels like it has taken forever to finish! .................almost done :)





Below is before our last renovation. It was only ever temporary, all the windows were leaking and it was way to much glass for me...... we used to call it the fish bowl! all the neighbors could see in not much privacy not to mention the heat in summer and visa versa.


Did you notice the new lounge!! A few weeks ago I received and email from Pottery barn advertising a 50-75% off sale..... As you do I opened it to see if the light i'm wanting to buy but am patiently waiting for it to come on sale was on sale and to my surprise the chesterfield sofa I've also been eyeing off was 50% off!! 
What!! 50% off after raving to hubby about it he gave me the tick of approval (we only brought our other lounge 2 years ago in a hurry, I never really loved it so I was quite happy to sell it and help go towards the cost of the new sofa)



The picture below is how the living room looked to start with before we renovated! Big difference huh!!


Another shot with the old kitchen.


Because its spring I couldn't resit styling the coffee table with hydrangeas! One of my all time favorite flowers and I know its not pumpkin season here but I love pumpkins so I've put some little pumpkins around the room.


We recently went away for a week Camping at Bermagui NSW it was windy and stressful and I definitely don't feel like I went on a holiday :(. We had 90 kph winds go through and almost wipe out the camping ground...... our camper barely stayed up it was horrible but on a non windy day we went to a little town called Tilba. Its a tiny town which has 1 'little' main street with different gift shops tourist all love LOL. We found a gorgeous shop called Passion Fish. They make and sell candles, soaps etc The smell was just beautiful! I could have brought everything! I brought this candle I have on my tray its coconut and lime and smells so nice and fresh for spring and summer (but I know think it will last till summer! lucky they have a website www.passionfish.com.au)


The colour we have used is a Dulux colour called Dieskau we had it made up in 3/4 strength as the full strenght would be to dark and we are really happy with the colour, we originally painted with Dulux tranquil retreat which is similar but has more of a blue undertone, the new colour has more of a purple undertone which makes the room feel a little warmer.
We had the colour mixed up in taubmans low sheen paint as I love that brand and really dislike Dulux. Unfortunately i find Dulux to be too chalky and dry.



I found this lamp at Aldi! $50 Bargain thank you!





Our decorative window trims have turned out really nice. I looked at many different styles on pintrest and this style was my favorite.


I love having baskets around a room, they are great for holding throws and extra pillows or hiding the kids toys or paper work that is floating around. Great when unexpected friends come over..... just pop it in the basket and cover it with a throw LOL!
I have all the kids readers and homework books in their, its easy for the kids to grab as they do there home work and reading either on the kitchen island or coffee table in this room.





Now that this side of the room is looking great and organized just don't look  at he other side of the room ;/ We are still finishing off the powder room on the right so everything is still out.....hopefully not for to much longer :)


Last few things we have to finish are patching/sanding and painting the french doors white, powder room and curtains! Thats for this room LOL next project is the deck off the side off this room and roof.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...