Saturday 7 January 2017

Organizing Christmas Decor!


Now that Christmas is over.... neatly organized and packed up I'm so ready to tackle every room in our house! This year one of my new year resolutions is to have my house organized and to get rid of all the things we don't use anymore!


Last year Christmas decoration organizing for me was throwing everything in a plastic container and 
that was that, however when I got all the decorations out  for the Christmas just gone most of the baubles where scratched and dented and had to be thrown out and I definitely don't want to do that every year!
Since I have purchased a lot of new decorations (hubby has banned me from buying anymore haha) I want to keep them looking their best for as long as possible :)



Tip 1; Zip lock bags are your best friend! I have sorted ornaments out in colour and size hopefully being in the bag will stop them from rubbing against other decorations.  


Tip 2; Group ornaments together!
1.keepsake items 
2. Baubles from kitchen
3.Tree picks
4.Garlands
5.Pinecones
you get the picture! 


Most of the smaller decorations have fit into one large container.


Tip 3; Separate containers for different items
1. Ornament conatiner
2. Garland container
3.Room conatiners 
lounge room
living room


Ribbions and garlands neatly packed away.


Little Christmas tree and decorations that go with it will be packed together with our glitter trees


Tip 4; Hide ornaments in socking to keep them safe!


I have put the breakable decor in with the stockings and plush items to keep them safe.



All other large items have been put into another create.... Wreath, star, large candy ornaments and our little advent blocks.


Our tree has a storage bag which is great....... I definitely do not want any creepy crawlies nesting in my tree!


Tip 5; Labels! I do love a label and my laminator!


That's it! Not much to it but I'm feeling a little more organized and its a start to getting the whole house in order 😜


Happy cleaning and organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...