Tuesday 14 February 2017

Getting Organized starting with Kids Room!


Its that time of the year again! Time to organize!
 I've got so many projects in the works for this year, reupholstering my bed is one of them (I brought the fabric today and can't wait to start), re painting a few rooms & we are still renovating focusing on the back veranda, new roof and powder room which I can't wait to share with you all! 
But firstly I am working on getting my house organized from top to bottom! We have so much stuff!! and I hate it so I'm on a decluttering and organizing mission.




This is Liams room! Welcome to my mess! haha. As you can see he has an obsession with trains! That little face says it all! doesn't it.


 I started by pulling everything out, I went through every box and threw away any old or broken toys and made a selling/donating pile. 


His old boxes were old and ripping so I bought new plastic ones from Kmart.
They are great because they come with lids so you can easily stack them and also are a great size for smaller toys like trains, cars or blocks


I made some labels with pictures for his boxes. Hopefully this will make it a little easier when tiding up knowing what goes in each box. 


I laminated them so the last.


If you didn't have a laminate machine you could just use clear contact :) 




Next was the clothes! 
Before we had the board games and books in his wardrobe where the clothes were suppose to go and his clothes where in a chest of draws, but because his room isn't that big I wanted to get rid of the draws and have everything in the wardrobe.
  

Hubbies folding skills came in handy 😜


 We threw out so many clothes because they were ripped, stained or too small and it amazes me how they all fitted in the draw because we threw so much out yet he has so much left LOL!


1 nicely organized wardrobe :) ohhh the satisfaction one feels!



We also found on clearance at Ikea some under bed storage which is great for the bulkier toys.


1 room down 4 to go :)

and yes after 2 years in our house the boys still don't have doors on their wardrobes... one day LOL!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...