Thursday 23 March 2017

Organized Kitchen Draws & A Morning Baking Muffins



This morning I thought I hit snooze on my alarm but hit stop instead......I'm sure you know were the story is going! When I casually rolled over to see what time it was it was 7.20am Yikes!! I'd lost 40 minutes but the kids were all still sleeping ahhhh I had at least 20 mins of drinking my coffee and making lunches in peace.



Hubby made school lunches yesterday and forgot to tell me we were out of muffins, so while the kids ate breakfast I whipped these up. So easy to make and SO YUMMY! I'll add the recipe to the bottom of the post :)



I had a quite day at work today only a few parcels to send and because I work from home I can get things at home done!  Cleaning my top 2 kitchen draws out is on my "2017 lets get organized list" LOL


As you can see above the area above the draw seems to end up with everything piled on it.. This is a good day normally their is a lot more on it depending on what hubby brings in with him when he gets home from work! Yes I'm married to a plonker!! He plonks his stuff everywhere! He even has a draw that he walks past everyday, but he likes to bring it up stairs with him and plonks it in a little not so nice pile. He even took over my vintage scales so I moved them and put lemons in the scale so he couldn't plonk his stuff in it! LOL.
So this was the plan! I want to swap sides and put utensils in the draw on the right side of the stove and have the left side spare for stationary and bits and pieces aka where hubby can plonk his stuff and I don't have to see it :)


These draws weren't organized at all. I don't think I've cleaned them out in over 2 years (ewww!) 


Firstly I pulled everything out and cleaned out the draws.


Next I went through all the utensils and made a keep pile and throw pile. Things I hadn't used in along time or double ups I added to the throw pile!


When we were having our kitchen made we decided to go with Blum draws and inserts and they are great because you can change the layout to have it exactly how you want! We also have the same system in our cutlery draw and I love it because you end up using the whole draw rather then a tray which might not fit properly I'm sure Ikea have similar things which I will get for the junk draw :)



Once I washed all the trays everything went back in. I grouped most things together so they are easy to find when needed. 


This is the stationary draw/ Junk draw... I have to buy a larger tray for my stationary but this one will do for now :)


Another job ticked off! YAY  Next will be the Island draws.

DRAW UPDATE! I went to kmart today and brought some bamboo draw trays :)

Take 2!



Now to the muffin recipe

Banana/ Cinnamon & Pear Muffins 

  • ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
  • ½ cup maple syrup or honey
  • 2 eggs, preferably at room temperature
  • 1 cup packed mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
  • ¼ cup milk of choice 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1¾ cups self raising wholemeal flour
  • ⅓ cup quick oats
  • 1 large pear cut into small pieces

Easiest and quickest way to make these is to mash bananas in mixer bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix until combined add all dry ingredients and mix again until combined. Last add the chopped up pear and fold in with a spoon :) distribute into a muffin tin it will make about 12 to 15 medium sized muffins and bake for approx 15 to 20 mins at 160 Degrees Celsius (fan forced)

They are so yummy!!

Alicia xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...