Tuesday 17 October 2017

SPRING & HALLOWEEN IN THE FORMAL LIVING ROOM


On the blog today I'm sharing my unfinished living room nicely decorated for Halloween and spring ;) In the next week or so we are adding battens on the walls, repainting and tiling the
fireplace! I think I'm leaning towards the same stone that's in our entry way.

What do you think??

Colours I love to use for spring (which are my favourite colours) are blues, turquoise and coral!

( Diamond cushins :Potterybarn / Turquoise throw: Westelm / Curtains are custom / accent chairs : Freedom)

Since it's Halloween in a few weeks (my birthday!!)  I'm also mixing Autumn colours on the mantel!
I've used my mountain ash stems on the mantel behind the white pumpkins. The mountain ash stems have  beautiful orange and green  leaves with yellow berries at the top of each stem.

(Pumpkin:Woolworths / Whtie pumpkins:TKMaxx / Lanterns: Potterybarn)
Here they are in my family room

I love decorating the mantel! I've wanted a fireplace ever since I was little, I even made a fireplace at Christmas time when I was little out of cardboard and used sticks and cellophane to make the fire  LOL! 

(Mountain ash stems: Westelm )




On the coffee table I  have a large mercury glass pumpkin, little white tealight lantern and some more little white pumpkins :)






(Turquoise throw: West Elm)
I have used my Turquoise knitted throw (normally in my family room, but I'm doing something different in there this spring) to add a pop of colour and tie in with some items on the shelves.



(Plant stand & Basket : Kmart)

Lots of new leaves are appearing on my fiddle fig! Nearly 2 years and going strong! I'm so proud that I've kept it alive (I don't have the best record haha)


(Pully Lamp : Potterybarn)
While our home isn't too different from usual, by adding the pumpkins it's given it a Halloween/Autumn feel mixed with the colours of spring! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...