Tuesday 24 October 2017

SPRING STYLING IN THE KITCHEN!


Today I'm sharing my kitchen all spruced up for spring! Nothing to exciting just pops of colour added here and there to make it look fresh for spring.



I've been wanting to buy a couple of things for my kitchen for spring and whilst out shopping the other day I found exactly what  I wanted! And to 2 out of 3 were on sale!! winning :)



My kitchen has recently had a huge clean out and has been completely re organised which you can read about here. It feels so great to have no clutter and that's why I just wanted to do something simple but clolourful for spring.



My new finds!! My favourite colours at the moment are coral, navy and mint. I found this coral vase at TK Maxx for $20, the tray is also from Tkmaxx on sale for $21 from$29 and the white pitcher was on clearance at Big W for $5! I have big plans for the pitcher..... I recently found a picture of a similer one from US target and I love it so i'm going to paint this one to look the same 
👇

Gold Bottom with navy stripes! I love it :)



I've used the coral vase to brighten up the corner of my kitchen in a mint tray I bought from Kmart and my little blue and coral bowls from spotlight. I have also used a wood serving board in the back ground to warm the space up... sometimes warmth is needed with all the white & marble to balance it out


I've used my new tray and pitcher next to my stove.


Photo boomer!! 


I love love my Turkish tea towels (hanging on my oven) and I've had a couple of people ask how I keep them looking like new because once you wash them the fringe can go all ratty! Well here's my secret....... they don't get used ;)  I hang others around the kitchen that everyone uses and luckily these never get touched. We had family over a few weeks ago and someone grabbed one of the towels get marinated chicken wings out of the oven and I herd from the other room one of my kids say........ Oh your not allowed to use those towels, their mums special ones she is not going to be happy with you LOL!! well trained 


I normally don't put decor on the Island because it is the heart of our home and is constantly covered with food/drinks/ kids book also with kids throwing balls and all sorts of things through the house I can just imagine what will happen ha ha! also I work from home and the kitchen is usually my office, but to make for a pretty picture I've borrowed them from my dinning table :)


This vase is one of my favourite vases which is from spotlight, the serving board I'm pretty sure is from Kmart and the candle from TK maxx brand - ebandive.com.au ..... I'm not a fan of the smell but I thought it looked cute. Its like a cement jar, half painted soft pink with a rose gold lid which I can use for anything once the candle is finished.


Now I'm off to sand my stair railings and get ready to paint them white and re satin the banister :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...